The SuperCopier® Desktop Unit is an industrial and an extremely fast, multiple purpose hard drive duplication unit. It can be used to perform hard drive duplication, hard drive imaging, hard drive cloning, hard drive erase, and hard drive quick format of many hard disk drives in a very fast and efficient way. The unit performs at a very high transfer rate, in a very secured Linux environment, and with the most efficient user-friendly touch screen icons application. The unit has a durable built, with a desktop style, featuring an 8 channel open tray for easy hard drive insertion and connection, 8 SATA/SATA-3 ports, 6 USB3.0 ports. By default one SAS/SATA port and one USB ports are set to perform as the source, but the user has the flexibility to assign each port of the unit as source or target.
The SuperCopier application supports many modes of operations, such as
- Imaging drives - 100% bit by bit with a mirror copy.
- Duplication drives with a Quick Copy/Advanced Smart Copy - The application supports duplication of data and files only, from many source drives that have the following file system: FAT/NTFS/exFAT/Linux EXT2-4. Also the application automatically performs partition scanning and detection on the source drive, align partition, adjust partition size, automatic size partition from source to target, and relocate partitions by user’s choice on the targets hard disk drives.
- Deploy drive - The application supports duplication of data from one source to many targets.
- Erase operations - The application supports independent channel/port erase operations with the option to use erase protocols: DoD, Security Erase, or users can define their own settings.
- Quick drive format - The application supports a quick format for NTFS, exFAT, FAT32, HFS+, and EXT4 file system.
- The SuperCopier application runs under secured Linux OS (Linux OS is not targeted by viruses and malware as Windows, for instance).
- The unit has optional expansion hardware (Express Card Port to supports 1394 devices or Expansion Port, Expansion Box to supports SCSI storage devices and more).
Main Hardware Features:
- Case: Desktop, Industrial
- CPU: i7
- Display: 8 Inch (800X600) LED backlight Touchscreen color LCD display.
- 8 Channel HDD Open Tray: An easy to insert and plug tray, that accommodates any size and shape of Hard Disk Drive storage devices, yielding power status LED indicators.
- Hardware: Very high quality high performing components, some with military specifications. The units are assembled and tested in the US.
- Hardware upgrade: If user needs to use more simultaneous sessions, some of the units can be upgraded at time of purchasing for an additional cost to a CPU with more cores.
- OS: Linux Ubuntu 64 bit.
- Security: Linux OS. (Linux is less targeted by malware).
- Application Updates: Application can be easily updated via USB thumb drive and special update application screen.
- HPA/DCO Automatic Supports: The application has the ability to automatically open HPA and DCO areas and resize the hard drive to its full native capacity in order to erase any "hidden data" (HPA/DCO are special areas on the hard disk drive that support this feature).
- Bad Sectors Handling: User can select to skip bad sectors/blocks, or abort the operation when it encounters bad sectors/block of sectors on the source hard disk drive.
- 64 Bit Addressing: Application can be easily updated via USB flash drive and special update screen.
- Support Storage Protocols and Interfaces: SAS, SATA, e-SATA enclosures, IDE, USB2.0, USB3.0, MMC, M.2 (NGFF)*, 1394*, and SCSI*
- Supports Form Factors: 3.5", 2.5", ZIF, 1.8", Micro-SATA, Mini-SATA, PCIE*, Mini PCIE*, M.2(NGFF)* storage devices.
- Cross Copy From Ports and Interfaces: The user can choose to clone from one type of port, storage protocol and interface, and save into a different port, storage protocol, and interface. The cross copy of data can be done between SAS/SATA/IDE/USB/SCSI/1394 interfaces.
- Flexible Port's Role Assignment: User can re-assign any port a role to be source or target.
- Cloning Default Source Ports: One SATA port and one USB3.0 port are set as source ports for cloning operation (Those ports role can be changed by the user.
- GUI: The application is built with large and very simple and easy-to-navigate icons. In a few clicks user can set the operation, and it will be quickly up and running.
- Speed: Extremely fast operation: 100% bit by bit can be up to 29GB/min with SSD and 10GB/min with fast Hard Disk Drive.
- Support Smart Capture From OS: NTFS, FAT, exFAT.
- Log Files: Audit trail in PDF formats, or txt formats with ability to customize the reports and adding user company' logo
- Max size of supported hard disk drive: 16 Exabytes.
Main application Features:
- Erase data from hard disk drives.
- Clone: Mirror bit by bit (Any OS) or Smart Quick cloning (NTFS, FAT, exFAT)
- Quick Format of hard disk drives
Main Copy application Features:
- Mirror Image 100% bit by bit for any size of master and target with any OS. Master and targets drives need to be the same make and size if user needs to boot from target drives * Quick Capture- Advanced Smart Copy mode where the cloning and deploying process is done with copy of files only and it supports source drive with FAT/NTFS/EXT -2-3-4/ file system.
- Automatic format and partitions target drives: On-the-fly during the duplication runs.
- Multiple Session Operations: User can run a multiple efficient parallel operation with as many available ports. There are some limitations on the number of sessions: 4 session limitation for i5 CPU and 8 session limitation for i7 CPU. However, user can combine more than one port in session. Also, user can mix different type of operations, and each operation is set as a new independent session. Example of operations: erase data from a hard disk drive on one port, while imaging 1 to many on some other remaining ports.
- Versatility with Multiple Cloning Sessions: User can assign one source and many targets for one session of cloning. Also user can have many sessions of cloning, each will have source and at least one target, which gives the user more possibilities to use the unit in a very efficient way. User can run a multiple efficient parallel operation on any available ports. There are some limitations on the number of simultaneous sessions: i5 CPU has 4 sessions limitation, i7 CPU has 8 sessions limitation. However, user can combine more than one port/storage devices in the same sessions. Also. user can mix different type of operations, and each operation is set as a new independent session. Example of operations: Erase data with DoD protocol from a hard disk drive on one port, Quick format hard disk drive on a second port, while performing user-erase hard disk drives on the remaining ports.
- Multiple Session Application Screen: All running sessions are displayed in one Application Screen. The application screen shows the name of the session, the operation of the session, the error or abortion flag, completion progress bar, successful completion flag. User can abort a session, tap on a session to monitor its real time running progress and get detailed setting. It is a very easy way to view, navigate, and control the sessions.
- Hard Drive Detection Application Screen: All hard disk drives and storage devices that are connected to the units will be scanned and displayed in one application screen, called "the detection screen". User can tap on each drive to get its detailed info, as well as selecting it for the desired operation they are planning to use.
- Native SAS: 8 Ports
- Native SATA: 9 Ports (with use of the unit’s eSATA port)
- USB3.0: 6 Ports
- With the use of USB3.0 to SATA fast adapters and with the combination of e-SATA port, the unit can support up to 15 SATA Hard Disk Drives.
- With the use of Express Port Option enabled and the Optional Sonnet 4 SAS Ports Express Card Adapter, the application can supports up to 12 SAS Hard Disk Drives.
- Save Images to local network
Erase and Quick Format Operation:
- Hard Disk Drive Erase Protocols: DoD 5220-22M, Security Erase, Enhanced Security Erase, or User-Defined Final Data Filling Pattern, and the number of erase iterations (Security Erase, Enhanced Security Erase, and DoD erase protocols are NIST 800-88 compliance).
- Logs and Erase Certification: The application generates extensive erase log files and erase certification (option to save to NIST 800-88 format) that are easy to export to USB flash drive
Expansion capabilities and the main hardware options:
- Express Card Port Option: Optional port that needs to be pre-installed at time of purchasing in the main unit: This option gives the user the ability to plug and use a few kinds of Express Card Adapters and support erase data from additional interfaces and devices. This option is very useful and saves in most of the cases the need for an expensive and bulky Expansion Box. The Express Card Adapters can be dual port 1394A/B, PCIE memory cards (Sony SxS), Mini-PCIE that are not supported by SATA protocols (Are used in some MacBook Air, with M.2 (NGFF) form factor)
- Expansion Port and Expansion Box Option: Optional expansion ports that enable user to plug in an Expansion Box to add on many devices: User can configure the main unit with only one connectivity port or Express Card Port or Expansion Port. The Expansion Port is usually required when user needs to erase data from SCSI Hard Disk Drives. In addition to purchasing the Expansion Box, user can also purchase the SCSI 2 drives Kit which supports erase from 2 SCSI Hard Disk drives. The SCSI 2 drives Kit includes all the cables, terminators and adapters that are needed to operate 2 SCSI hard disk drives. (The SCSI controller is installed inside the Expansion Box). The Expansion Box is also supplied with a low profile Express Card Reader pre-installed inside the Expansion box.
- USB3.0 to SATA adapters and Kits Option: Today USB3.0 technology is extremely fast and can run read data from SSD drives up to 20GB/min.With the use of USB3.0 to SATA 4 channel Kit, user can convert 4 USB3.0 ports to 4 SATA ports on any of MediaClone unit. The optional Kit is supplied with one external PS and it includes all the cabling to power and connect the 4 USB3.0 to SATA adapters. The tested performance when running 4 adapters in parallel was measured at a very high speed and very little speed degradation.
- SCSI KIT Option: The SCSI Kit includes the low profile PCIE X1 SCSI controller with single port, 2 channel SCSI LVDS cable (68pin connectors), SCSI terminator, and VHDCI to SCSI 2 adapter.
- 1394 Option: This option is supplied with 1394A/B Express Card. It is a very easy and quick way to add support for 1394 devices that can be daisy chained. This option works on units that support, and installed with Expansion Port or Express Port Options.
- USB3.0/SATA to M.2 (NGFF) adapters Option: Most current laptops and tablets use M.2 (NGFF) Storage devices. This adapter supports connectivity to some of the newest SSD M.2 digital storage (Storage that supported by SATA Protocols). There is a class of SSD drives, with NGFF connectors, that are not supported by SATA protocols, and are not supported by those adapters. The M.2 NGFF connectors, for instance, came in a variety of models, and were not standardized until 2014.
- USB3.0/SATA to M.2 (NGFF) PCIE base adapters Option: Few adapters are available that supports PCIE, MIni PCIE base SSD that are been used in MackBook Air 2012+, MacBook Pro Retina 2012+
- Warranty: One year free warranty on the main unit (it is not included warranty on accessories, adapters and cables).
* With Expansion options.