Data Elimination & So Much More with Hammer™
Re-deploy, don't destroy!
Be GREEN! Check out the Hammer™ Energy Calculator
Hammer™ is a hard disk drive erasure tool. The device will securely erase all data written to the attached drives, up to 4 drives at once. Both PATA and SATA interfaces are supported.
Security Erase is now a standard technology embedded in most ATA hard drives manufactured after 2001. This technique is considered equal to degaussing by NIST and because the drives can be reused, has the added benefit of being green!
NIST MEDIA SANITATION RECOMMENDATIONS
The National Institute of Standards and Technology has established new guidelines for electronic media sanitation and ranks Secure Erase along with degaussing at the highest security level that does not involve actual physical destruction. For more information, download NIST Special Publication 800-88
The Hammer™ Advantage
When this command is implemented by Hammer™, the hard drive is assigned a random password that locks the drive completely. It will not unlock until the Security Erase procedure is completed. On drives where Security Erase is not present, Hammer™ destroys data by using an embedded version of CPR Tools' BangDisk™ utility.
Download CPR Tool's HAMMER Users Guide
- Securely erases all data on up to four PATA/SATA hard drives simultaneously
- Meets NIST 800-88 'purge' and 'clear' specifications
- Drives can be easily re-deployed after erasing
- Provides audit trails in the form of certificates of compliance or text record of eradication logs
- GRase™ - erase sectors on the G-List
- GRase™ supported drives
- Multi-session log stored on Hammer™
- Multi-Language Support
- Email Alert - allows the user to input an email address to be notified when process starts, stops or at specific time intervals
- Portable, stand-alone device includes host companion software, CPR Toolbox™ which extends device functionality
CPR Tools' Hammer™ implements the ATA Security Erase command to completely purge all data from ATA hard drives. This easy-to-use, one-step device connects up to four (4) hard drives via standard cables (included) and erases data simultaneiously at up to 4.0GB/Minute. For onsite data purging, the compact, portable Hammer™ operates as a stand alone device and will store up to 256 sessions before being transferred to a host PC
Keeping strict records of 'clearing' or 'purging' of data is a must. For this reason, Hammer™ comes equipped with non-volatile RAM (NVRAM) on board. This is used to track device activity which can then be transferred to a host PC through the USB 2.0 port. Print or store your audit trails, courtesy of Hammer™
Data Destruction with Hammer™. Meets or exceeds data elimination requirements of:
- NIST 800-88 'Purge' and 'Clear'
- HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)
- Patriot Act of 2002
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Various state laws
Extend Hammer™ functionality by using CPR Tools Hard Drive Adapters. Securely erasing data from drives of dissimilar form factors is simple with these adapters from CPR Tools:
- 2.5" Adapter
- 1.8" Toshiba Adapter
- 1.8" Hitachi Adapter
- Compact Flash Adapter
- PCMCIA Adapter